Recruitment in every organization plays an essential role. It helps in building the team of the organization. There are often questions about recruitment that need to be answered in order to provide a better understanding of the organization. With time technological advancements have evolved with new equipment to bed the necessities to recruit virtually. Having said that, recruitment is a tedious process. There are often various basic questions on recruitment. Let’s begin with the initial question related to recruitment:
What is recruitment?
To begin with, the definition sums up to a process wherein the HR team finds and scales out the eligible candidate for the available designation within the organization.
These definitions might sound as simplified, however there are layers which need to be considered in order to gain a better understanding of the term recruitment.
Let’s take a tour on the process of recruitment:
The process of recruitment includes various layers and is a time-consuming process. It starts with the requirements in the organization. For instance, the requirement of an IT professional for support. The HR team will prepare a job description explaining the requirement. Job description explains the requirements of the organization.
The process begins with job descriptions posted on various platforms such as naukri.com, LinkedIn, etc.
- Once the availability of jobs is posted on various recruitment platforms. The resumes start to pour in. Nowadays these applications are filtered with the assistance of technological advancements such as core HR software. It filters thousands of resumes and notifies the recruitment team of the eligible candidates in accordance with qualifications re uired to fulfill the responsibilities of the organization.
- Once the applications are filtered, an auto-update is sent to the selected lot of the candidates informing them. This auto-update informs the candidate that they are shortlisted and will be receiving details about the second round.
- It notifies the HR team of the list of candidates that needs to be contacted for further steps.
- Once the candidate is selected then begins the onboarding procedure. The onboarding procedure is the accumulation of the candidate as an official employee of the organization.
Basically, the recruitment team takes up the responsibility of building a healthy team. It ensures to maintain :
- A well-developed pipeline
The team keeps building a healthy pipeline to recruit in future. With the development of talent acquisition, recruitment became an integral process. The talent acquisition team keep hold of the eligible candidates to get in touch with if in case the candidate is not hired for the given role, can be contacted in future for another suitable role.
Also Read: 5 Tips To Improve Your Virtual Recruitment
- Determining the path of success for the role
Any candidate who is looking for a job, ensures what the future holds for him in the organization. It is imperative for the organization to ensure that the HR team clears the opportunity of growth for the candidate. Growth in any organization is what attracts eligible candidates.
This is how recruitment functions. However there are a few element that needs to be considered while opting for a recruitment software ensure a couple of things listed below:
- Make sure that the organization has a well equipped IT infrastructure to support in the time of crisis.
- If the IT personnel has a well trained IT team or resources then a minute set back can easily be tackled once the application is installed.
- Opt for a trial session before investing.
Also Read: How to Recruit and Retain the Best Talent – Retention
This is because an employer opts to install various applications. These applications have to be compatible with each other in order to establish an integrated HCM suite.
These are a few elements that provide better insight in gaining understanding of recruitment software.