Our valued customers:
These are certainly unprecedented times. No one could have ever imagined in an age where people are more connected than ever before, we would be practicing social distancing and isolation. Not only can it seem unsettling in the here and now, the market volatility can make the future seem even more uncertain. At Nationwide, we believe we have a tremendous opportunity – and responsibility – to deliver our on your side commitment.
We have been preparing for several weeks to take action on the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the dramatic shifts in the market.
- In support of the need to flatten the Coronavirus curve, we are implementing a progressive work-from-home policy for most of our associates. We are well-equipped technologically and operationally, and have taken steps to ensure our ability to serve you with minimal disruption.
- We do anticipate higher call volume, especially during this extreme market volatility, so we appreciate your patience and understanding. There are additional ways for you to connect with Nationwide, if needed:
- Contact Nationwide directly by email or phone at 877-ON YOUR SIDE
- Log in to your account online to make changes, to contributions, investments, update your investment strategy, and more.
- Schedule a call with your financial professional or agent.
- We are currently reviewing hardship requests based on individual circumstances. We will continue to monitor regulators like the Departments of Insurance (DOI) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for updates that may provide additional options to assist those who have been impacted by recent events related to the coronavirus.
- We will continue to process claims in a way that keeps both our customers and associates safe. For specific questions, please contact your claims representative.
You have the strength and stability of Nationwide “on your side.” We have a 100-year history of disciplined investing and prudent decision-making, and have navigated significant market challenges before. Our consistently high ratings, diversified quality investments and risk management practices ensure we have the capital and liquidity to fulfill our financial obligations and keep the commitments we make now and in the future.
There seems to be no shortage of information readily available, but it can sometimes be overwhelming to sift through it all. Here are short-cuts to a few helpful resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Article: Coping with a traumatic event
- Resource: Staying focused when headlines react
Our mission “to protect people, businesses and futures with extraordinary care” is not just words on a page. Nationwiders all over the country are rallying around this purpose as we find new ways to keep our commitments to you and the community around us. If we have any updates, you’ll be among the first to know.
Thank you for your trust in Nationwide.
EVP, Chief Customer Officer
The post A Message from Chief Customer Officer Amy Shore about the Coronavirus appeared first on Now from Nationwide ®.