American ingenuity is kicking in as more employers, businesses, schools and community organizations are finding creative ways to survive, adapt and thrive in the new normal.
In the last three months, I’ve had an opportunity to experience a number of innovative approaches to bringing the business of talent acquisition and staffing online, and participated in discussions about working from home, and how staffing firms are meeting the challenges that COVID-19 has brought to employers and the workplace.
- SHRM-Hawaii Chapter hosted its first virtual pau hana (happy hour) mixer
- The California Staffing Professionals Association hosted a number of online discussions and learning events
- Verified First hosted several industry specific Virtual Coffee Hour chats
- Stefanini’s StefTalks presented a comprehensive overview on how employers are adjusting to the changes in human resources and recruiting priorities
In addition, industry leading organizations are going virtual with conferences and delivering more content and opportunities online than ever before:
- SHRM Hawaii brings its 2020 Annual State Conference online
- SHRM-San Diego joins forces with the Sacramento Human Resources Association to create an HR Mega Conference
- The 2020 Staffing World Conference goes virtual
How is your organization reinventing itself to ensure business continuity?